Office: Bexleyheath Salary: Subject to experience
Aletta Shaw Solicitors are seeking a Trainee Solicitor.
At least three months previous experience working within a law firm is essential for all applicants.
Please email CV’s and covering letters to email@example.com
Job tasks and responsibilities
- 3 to 4 seats across Family, Property, Private Client and Litigation (Criminal & Civil).
- To assist and support fee earners with their caseloads. Tasks will include:-
- Drafting documents including pleadings, instructions to Counsel, offers of settlement, Wills
- Attending client meetings.
- Attending court hearings with Solicitor / Counsel (virtually or in person).
- Making and receiving telephone calls with clients, Counsel’s chambers, other party’s solicitors and other third parties.
- Opening new matters files within the case management system.
- File closure and archiving.
- File and diary management.
- To answer the telephones promptly – both internal and external calls.
- To undertake any other duties as required from time to time.
- Potential to run own caseload of more straightforward matters depending on the particular seat.
- Answering external calls in accordance with a weekly telephone rota.